Monday, September 7, 2009

SERIOUSLY....has anyone seen a goose egg this size before?





Steele seems to be demanding a lot of blog time lately, but gees...I couldn't leave this one out, now could I? It's been a couple of weeks now since this happened and the bump is almost (yes, I said almost, not totally) gone. I'm almost embarrassed to say it, but the thought behind taking the pics was so that I could eventually post them. That is really twisted, huh? Well, here's the story..... We had just finished with scriptures and prayers and Colten and I were trying to get out the door to Walmart. Steele wasn't ready for bed yet, so I told Bren she could stay up and read for awhile so she could watch him for me. She sat him down on the recliner while she turned to the couch to get her book and Steele just took a nose dive right off the chair and onto the wood floor. I do have to say (in Bren's defense) that Steele knows how to climb up on the chairs and couches all by himself and get down as well, so she didn't think a thing of setting him there. We just don't think he realized where he was. It frightened Bren and Gunner pretty bad and even I thought we might be taking a trip to the ER. Joe came home soon after and assured us he was fine. (I still had him give Steele a blessing!) Anyway, this was the result and just so you know, these were taken about 10 minutes after it happened so the lump has already gone down significantly! It looked like a golf ball was protruding off his forehead. Yuck! I'm so thankful that babies are resilient and that our dad holds the Priesthood!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's the biggest goose egg I have seen. Good thing babies don't care what they look like.

    ReplyDelete