Sunday, June 27, 2010

MARCH: Spring Break!

Ok, so Joe had a medical conference that was scheduled for March. When he booked it he didn't realize it fell smack in the middle of the kids spring break. Being the thinker that I am, I decided that we could make a family trip out of it, so the kids and I met him there for the last couple days of the conference. I know, I know, it sounded good at the time....Las Vegas, Spring Break, cool hotels, plenty to do and see....quality family time right? Well, I sorely underestimated the crap that fills Las Vegas. We spent plenty of time shielding eyes from billboards passing by or saying "don't look at the ground!" My kids even asked, " Why in the world would you take us here?" The only thing we could do was use it as a learning experience and take the opportunity to teach them about the things that the world offers and the difference between us and the world. Overall, we did make it a great trip. We saw many cool things and made happy memories....and hopefully we even strengthened our testimonies a bit! I'm so thankful to be different than the world!

The newest Jedi knights!

Inside the Venetian...COOL!

We visited the temple while Joe was in meetings



The kids loved walking across the Hoover Dam

M & M's Store


The Luxor hotel

Trying to talk him into giving me some of his pirate treasure!

1 comment:

  1. decided what? cliffhanger... we cant wait.

    ReplyDelete